The latest on Sheffield Wednesday's pursuit of Crystal Palace striker Connor Wickham
Sheffield Wednesday remain hopeful of landing Crystal Palace forward Connor Wickham on loan before Friday's transfer deadline.
The Star understands talks between the two clubs are ongoing, although, as yet, no deal has been agreed.
But sources in South Wales have confirmed Cardiff City are also interested in taking Wickham on loan until the end of the season.
Bristol City and Nottingham Forest have also been mentioned as possible suitors for Wickham, who has previously enjoyed two loan spells at Hillsborough.
Wickham has found game time hard to come by this season, making just six Premier League appearances, all of which have come from the bench.
The arrival of Cenk Tosun has seemingly pushed Wickham further down the pecking order in the battle for a starting berth.
Palace boss Roy Hodgson says he will not stand in Wickham's way should the 26-year-old want to leave on a temporary basis.
"When it comes to Connor it is really a question about him," said Hodgson.
"It has been a long time since he has been able to play regularly. He was recovering from a serious injury and then picking up other injuries.
"This season, we have not had that with him. But he has had to accept others are playing in front of him.
"I think for his future, he needs to get a run of games. I might not be able to guarantee him that, but I must emphasise he trains well, he is very professional, and if he stays [at Palace] that is no problem. You can’t have too many front players.
"I have nothing against him staying, but it is a discussion the club will need to have with him about if it is better for him to be the first name on a team sheet somewhere else, which I can’t guarantee him."
Wednesday manager Garry Monk, whose side slumped to a 2-1 defeat at struggling Wigan Athletic yesterday, is still hunting for more attacking reinforcements. He has so far brought in Argentine winger Manuel Hidalgo and Dutch forward Alessio Da Cruz this month.