- A 17-year-old boy was stabbed in hisÂ back when violence flared outside Nayab's takeaway in Buchanan Road, Parson Cross last night.Â
- The victim was taken to hospital for treatment and later discharged.
Rivelin Valley Road Sheffield: Body found after police search of Rivelin Valley
Hosepipe ban: Reservoir near Sheffield less than 15 per cent full as photos show how water levels have plunged
Sheffield weather: Met Office issues thunderstorm warning as heatwave set to end with heavy rain and lightning
High Green assault: Sheffield bus driver punched on his break leaving him with facial injuries
Rotherham missing boy: 13-year-old missing for 10 days as police make appeal
- His injuries are not believed to be serious.
- A 22-year-old man arrested in the immediate aftermath of theÂ stabbing was held on suspicion of wounding.
- The suspect has since been released from police custody pending further enquiries.
- Police officers taped off the crime scene last night while initial enquiries were carried out.
- The police cordon has since been removed.
- The knife attack came onÂ the day that a 16-year-old boy was jailed for 32 months over the fatal stabbingÂ of 15-year-old Sam Baker in Lowedges in May.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the basis that Sam had been carrying the knife and it was self defence.
- There have beenÂ eight fatal stabbings in Sheffield so far this year.
- Some Parson Cross residents claim that they are afraid to leave their homes at night.
- They claim there there was a large group of young people in Buchanan Road when violence flared last night.
- Anyone with information should call South Yorkshire Police on 101Â quoting incident number 753 of October 11.