Emergency services race to house fire in Sheffield

Police officers, firefighters and paramedics raced to a house fire in Sheffield last night.

Thursday, 28th November 2019, 8:14 am
Updated Friday, 29th November 2019, 5:29 pm

They were deployed after a fire broke out in a property on Greaves Lane, Stannington, at around 11.30pm.

South Yorkshire Police said it was discovered that food in a microwave had caught fire, causing a large amount of smoke in the house.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Emergency services were alerted to a house fire in Greaves Lane, Stannington, Sheffield

One woman was checked over by paramedics at the scene but is not believed to have been seriously injured in the incident.