Tyrone and Codeye funeral: No arrests yet over funeral for Sheffield friends killed in crash

No arrests have yet been made over a funeral procession for two friends from Sheffield killed in a horror crash.

Friday, 7th May 2021, 12:49 pm

Police officers in the city are investigating reports of anti-social behaviour during the procession, which was made up of at least 60 cars, motorbikes and quads as mourners made their way through Sheffield to Shiregreen Cemetery last week.

There was a huge turn out as heartbroken friends and relatives of Tyrone Forde, aged 22 and Jordan Caster, 19, accompanied the men on their final journey together following their tragic deaths in a collision on the M1 last month.

They were killed when the car they were travelling in – a white Volkswagen Golf – left the carriageway, hit a barrier and a number of trees before overturning and landing on its roof.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

L-R: Jordan Caster and Tyrone Forde, from Sheffield, died in a collision on the M1

During their funeral procession, flares were lit, engines were revved and horns were sounded as it snaked its way through Sheffield from Bolsover in Derbyshire.

Videos and photographs of the event were shared online.

South Yorkshire Police said the procession ‘attracted numerous drivers behaving anti-socially’.

Traffic officers are appealing for witnesses to come forward and they want to hear from anyone with dash cam or CCTV footage.The force said the procession took around three hours to reach Shiregreen Cemetery and while en-route ‘a number of vehicles’ including high performance sports cars hired specifically for the funeral were seen blocking junctions, driving into oncoming traffic and across roundabouts.

Occupants were seen hanging out of windows and some drivers were spotted travelling along pavements.

Sergeant Matt Duffy said: “This funeral was a result of a tragic accident which sadly cost two young men their lives. People were there that day to pay their respects and commemorate the lives of their loved ones.

“However, the manner of driving demonstrated by a handful of those attending meant that they not only posed a risk to themselves, but to other members of the procession and members of the public on route. Our call handlers received a number of calls from people reporting instances of dangerous driving and concerns for the welfare of other road users.

“Our job is to reduce road accidents and educate drivers how to drive safely, and we are now appealing for information as part of this inquiry.”

Read More

Read More
South Yorkshire parents lose thousands after fraudsters pretend to be their chil...