Meadowhall crash: Everything we know as tributes pour in Tommy and Josh Hydes
As the police probe continues into a fatal collision in Sheffield which killed two members of the same family, here is everything known so far:
- Uncle and nephew Tommy and Josh Hydes died when the car they were travelling in ploughed through railings on Meadowhall Way and plunged into the River Don below at around 7pm on Saturdaym January 30.
- A major rescue operation was mounted involving all emergency services and the white Mercedes GLS the men were travelling in was recovered from the water by firefighters.
- The two men were freed from the car and taken to hospital but could not be saved and were pronounced dead a short time later.
- Josh, a former Aston Academy student, had recently passed his accountancy exams.
- Tommy became a dad three months ago and was said to have doted on his young daughter.
- Friends and family gathered at Kiveton Recreation Ground last night to remember Josh and Tommy, with fireworks set off in tribute.
- Mourners met at the crash scene after news of the deaths broke, with a sea of floral tributes left on the bridge where tragedy struck.
- Their family members are being supported by specially trained police officers.
- Witnesses to the crash itself, or anyone with dashcam footage is urged to contact South Yorkshire Police. The force also wants to hear from anyone who saw the car involved beforehand.
- Call South Yorkshire Police on 101 and quote incident number 858 of January 30.