Incense sticks caused blaze to break out in Rotherham flat

Dropped ash from a set of incense sticks caused a small fire in a Rotherham flat, South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed.

Monday, 14th December 2020, 12:06 pm

Firefighters were alerted to the fire in a bathroom in a flat on Holmes Court, Holmes Lane, at around 9.45pm on Friday, December 11.

A woman had lit the incense sticks while she was having a bath, but after leaving the room ash fdropped onto toilet paper and ignited.

Three fire engines were deployed to deal with the incident.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Incense sticks caused a blaze to break out in a flat on Holmes Lane, Rotherham on Friday, December 11.

The woman was unharmed.

In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a digital subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Nancy Fielder, editor.