High rise block of flats evacuated as firefighters tackle blaze in Sheffield city centre

A high rise block of flats in Sheffield city centre was evacuated while firefighters tackled a kitchen blaze.

Friday, 26th February 2021, 11:05 am

The fire broke out in a kitchen of a flat on Scotland Street at around 3.40pm yesterday.

It involved a microwave.

Three fire crews from Central, Rivelin and Elm Lane stations were deployed to the incident and the building was evacuated as a precaution, with large crowds seen on the street outside.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A block of flats on Scotland Street, Sheffield city centre, was evacuated yesterday due to a kitchen fire

There were no injuries reported.

Firefighters left the scene at around 5pm.

Read More

Read More
Tommy Hydes funeral: Friends and family to say final farewell to young dad kille...

In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a digital subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Nancy Fielder, editor.