Located on City Road, the Manor Top Cinema was opened in 1927 following the expansion of housing estates in the Manor area of Sheffield.
According to Cinema Treasures, the cinema was owned by Manor Picture House Ltd and seated 1,680 people, making it one of the largest suburban cinemas in Sheffield.
Sound was installed in the early 1930s, and a new projection suite at the back of the stalls was added in the 1950s.
The Cinema was sold to the Leeds-based Star Cinema Circuit in 1958, and from 1963 operated as a bingo club, with a selection of films shown on a part-time basis.
It closed for good as a cinema in 1969, and the building has subsequently been occupied by supermarkets including Challenge, Somerfield and Tesco.
Today, it is home to a Poundland.