Man checked by paramedics after kitchen fire in Sheffield

A kitchen fire broke out in a house in Sheffield
A kitchen fire broke out in a house in Sheffield
0
Have your say

A man was checked by paramedics after inhaling smoke when a fire broke out in his kitchen in Sheffield.

The man, believed to be in his 80s, was in his house with his son when the fire broke out at 9.15pm yesterday.

Both men escaped before firefighters arrived.

The fire started on the gas hob in the OAP's home in Dyke Vale Avenue, Hackenthorpe.

Firefighters were called to the scene.