1. Beat merchants, live band, The Railway Hotel, Penistone Road North, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield.
2. Chris Tree Beard, Gardners Rest Community pub, 105 Neepsend Lane, Sheffield, S3 8AT, 9pm.
3. Rotherham Punk Club, Inequality Street and Riot Squad perform, Cutlers Arms, 29 Westgate, Rotherham, S60 1BQ, 9pm, 18+, free entry. Tel. 01709 382581.
4. The Confident Tricksters, Manx Arms, Barnsley. Lineup, Richard Farthing Guitar/Vocals/Keyboards, Steve Crowe Bass/Vocals, Chris Daffern Drums/Vocals.
5. Live at Maida Vale, Mission Creep, Sub Machine, Maida Vale, West St, 8-10pm, free entry, followed as always by Mod For It at Maida Vale DJ’s 10pm-Late. Playing Soul, Mod, Motown, Northern, Ska, New Wave, Brit classics and more.
6. Karaoke, with Rachel Riley, The Milestone, Peaks Square, Crystal Peaks, Sheffield, S20 7PH, 8.30pm. Tel. 01444539476.
7. Chapeltown Silver Prize Band, Proms Concert at the Newton Hall Chapeltown, 7.30pm. Tickets £6, children £2.50 from Margaret and Peter tel. 0114 2460983 or Julie and Paul tel. 01226 747951.
8. Migration Matters Festival, Theatre Deli, The Art House, DINA, The Showroom, Sheffield Theatres, Foodhall, Abbeydale Picture House, Norfolk Park and various venues across Sheffield, full line up and how to book: migrationmattersfestival.co.uk. All events are Pay-What-you-Decide to ensure that the festival is open and available to all. However, it is advised that tickets are reserved for most events through Tickets for Good - who specialise in making events accessible to vulnerable audiences.
9. Cathie’s Creative Sewing Classes, Small friendly classes running throughout the year, during term time. Bring your own projects or I can set you tasks to improve your sewing skills! Classes are held in a fully equipped spacious studio and all skill levels are welcome. 12.30-2.30pm. £75 for an average half term of six classes (this varies in accordance with the length of each term). Call Cathie, tel. 07905 250826, email@example.com, www.cathiescreative.com
10. Batik for Beginners, Would you like to learn how to create a Batik textile? Come along to these sessions to play with colour and fabric, making marks, patterns and designs using the ancient textile art of Batik. Apply hot wax onto cotton fabric with a “tjanting” or brush then add a rainbow of colour with cold water fibre reactive dyes. These classes are designed for absolute beginners and those with some experience. The Art House, Backfields, Sheffield, S1 4HJ, 6-8pm, £15 per class or £75 for all 6 sessions (saving £15). Find the full list of dates and book on our website www.arthousesheffield.co.uk or call us tel. 0114 272 3970.