1. Jam Night, With Chris Firminger & The TwoJays, White Lion, Heeley, 9pm, free entry.
2. Vinyl Night, Offering music lovers the chance to buy, listen to and swap vinyls. Cutlers Arms, 29 Westgate, Rotherham, S60 1BQ, 7.30pm, 18+, free entry. Tel. 01709 382581.
3. Laura Hegarty, formally of John T Angle, My Lo-Fi Heart, Slacks, 20ft Squid Blues Band, DINA, Sheffield, 7pm, £7 minimum donation on the door all proceeds to Refugee Support Europe.
4. Lewis Nitikman, Bazooka Joe, CubaVida Duo, Cubana, Leopold Square, Sheffield, S1, 7pm, free admission.
5. Historical Association, Sheffield Branch, Abraham Lincoln’s Sense of Humour: A Double-Edged Sword, lecture by Prof. Richard Carwardine, (Corpus Christi Oxford). at The Lecture Theatre, Grayson Building, Birkdale School, Oakholme Road, Sheffield, S10 3DH, (Entrance on Ashdell Road), 7.30pm. Annual membership £15 or £5 per lecture. New members welcome. Follow us on Facebook.
6. Hillsborough & Owlerton Local History Group, Sheffield’s Hospital History, speaker Marv Garside, Hillsborough Sports Arena, Seminar Room, Middlewood Road, SO 4HA, 7,45pm, £2, free to members, (annual membership fee f15). We are always happy to welcome new faces.
7. The Art Of Interior Design, With Mark Beachell, This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to approach any interior design project with confidence. Most sessions will start with a short talk followed by a practical session where you will put theory into practice. In short, this course will teach you to be an interior designer. The Art House, Backfields, Sheffield, S1 4HJ, 10-12pm, 6.30-8.30pm, £78, For more information and to book your place tel. 0114 2723970. www.arthousesheffield.co.uk
8. Dementia Café, run by the Alzheimer’s Society, Beighton Welfare Recreation Ground, High Street, 10-12pm. A relaxed and friendly meeting place for people with memory problems and dementia, their family and friends giving an opportunity to obtain advice and support from professionals. Further information tel. 0114 2768414.
9. All My Sons’, by Arthur Miller, presented by Wakefield Little Theatre, The Lamproom Theatre, Barnsley, 7.30pm, tkts £13, concessions £12. www.barnsleylamproom.com
10. Last of the Summer Wine, by Roy Clarke, presented by The Stannington Players, Lomas Hall, Church Street, Sheffield, S6 6DB, 7.15pm, (Sat matinee 2.15pm. Tickets £7 concessions £6. Tel. 0114 2336217.