1. Barnsley Jazz, The Maine Street Jazzmen, Fairway Hotel, 1 mile from jst 31, M1 on A628 towards Manchester, S75 4LS, 8.30pm, £5 otd. Info. tel. 01226 281805. www.barnsleyjazzclub.com
2. Folk and Acoustic Music Session, Dinnington Rugby Club, 8pm. We meet on the third Monday of every month and welcome musicians, singers and the odd verse. Entry is free, but we love you to make use of our bar and there are snacks in the interval. We’re a friendly bunch. Give us a try or come and listen. For further details tel. 01909 568270 and ask for Wendy.
3. Paul Newman, A cool mix of classic, contemporary and popular songbook favourites, why not request your favourite? Cubana, Leopold Square, Sheffield, S1, 7.30pm, free admission.
4. Acoustic Folk Session, Dinnington Rugby Club, Lodge Lane, Dinnington, S25 2PB, 8pm. We welcome musicians, singers, cloggers and storytellers. The club welcomes your custom at the bar and there’s food at half time. Come and check us out. For more details, Wendy tel. 01909 568270.
5. Poker Night, The Horse & Jockey, Wadsley Lane, Sheffield, S6, 8pm. Drinks offers run all night long: come along and play your best poker face.
6. Monday Quiz Night, The Albion, London Road, Sheffield, S2, 9pm, costs just 50p to enter, despite the high-stakes prizes. Any team scoring full marks wins a cash prize, plus the winning team wins a £30 bar tab.
7. Railway Film Show, Sheffield Central Library Theatre, Tudor Square, 7.30pm start, Railways Remembered – Carrying The Load - Freight Trains, including 1930 demonstration freight train in Sheffield, From Pit to Power Station - Merry Go Round, Derby St. Mary’s Good Yard in 1948 and he 4.48pm Bristol-Leeds Express Freight. Admission: £7.50.
8. Community Craft Group, The Unity Centre, St Leonards Road, Rotherham, S65 19D, 10-12pm. Refreshment and snack included, Adults and children are welcome, Cost £3 per session. We look forward to welcoming you soon. If you would like more information please call Zoe tel. 07866401976 or email@example.com
9. Stained Glass Classes, Walkley Community Centre, 7A Fir Street, S6 3TG. All equipment provided, covering Tiffany, leaded, fusing, painting and other techniques. All abilities welcome, no previous experience necessary, with 1:1 for beginners. Groups are small, very sociable and refreshments provided. Centre has ample car parking, disabled access and on bus routes 95 and 52. Bespoke day workshops and taster sessions available too. For further information, please contact Natasha tel. 07726963827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Titanic The musical, The Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield. Tel. 0114 249 6000. www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk