1. Barnsley Jazz, The Chicago Teddybears Society Jazz Band, Fairway Hotel, 1 mile from jst 31, M1 on A628 towards Manchester, S75 4LS, 8.30pm, £5 otd. Info. tel. 01226 281805. www.barnsleyjazzclub.com
2. Paul Newman, A cool mix of classic, contemporary and popular songbook favourites, why not request your favourite? Cubana, Leopold Square, Sheffield, S1, 7.30pm, free admission.
3. Poker Night, The Horse & Jockey, Wadsley Lane, Sheffield, S6, 8pm. Drinks offers run all night long: come along and play your best poker face.
4. Monday Quiz Night, The Albion, London Road, Sheffield, S2, 9pm, costs just 50p to enter, despite the high-stakes prizes. Any team scoring full marks wins a cash prize, plus the winning team wins a £30 bar tab.
5. Gin & Jam Night, The Norfolk Arms, 8 Penistone Road, Grenoside, Sheffield, S35 8QG, 8pm onwards.
6. Wadsley and Loxley Commoners, Sicily, a talk by Norman W Jones, Visiting Polermo, Taormina, Mount Etna and the Valley of the Temples, Wadsley Church Hall, Worrall Road, S6 4BA, 7.30pm, entrance fee £3.50 members, £4 visitors, includes refreshments and home made cake.
7. Community Craft Group, The Unity Centre, St Leonards Road, Rotherham, S65 19D, 10-12pm. Refreshment and snack included, Adults and children are welcome, Cost £3 per session. We look forward to welcoming you soon. If you would like more information please call Zoe tel. 07866401976 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Stained Glass Classes, Walkley Community Centre, 7A Fir Street, S6 3TG. All equipment provided, covering Tiffany, leaded, fusing, painting and other techniques. All abilities welcome, no previous experience necessary, with 1:1 for beginners. Groups are small, very sociable and refreshments provided. Centre has ample car parking, disabled access and on bus routes 95 and 52. Bespoke day workshops and taster sessions available too. For further information, please contact Natasha tel. 07726963827 or email email@example.com
9. Jersey Boys, The Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield. Tel. 0114 249 6000. www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk
10. Royal Scottish Country Dance Society, (RSCDS), friendly and helpful group run classes for experienced and beginners, no partner necessary. Silverdale School, Bents Crescent, Sheffield S11 9QH, 7.30-9.45pm. Cost £4 per evening. Come along and get fit whilst having lots of fun. For information please call Norma tel. 0114 2366723 or Kate tel. 0114 285 4181.