1. Barnsley Jazz, The Pedigree Jazz Band, Fairway Hotel, 1 mile from jst 31, M1 on A628 towards Manchester, S75 4LS, 8.30pm, £5 otd. Info. tel. 01226 281805. www.barnsleyjazzclub.com
2. Folk and Acoustic Music, Dinnington Rugby Club, Lodge Lane, Dinnington, S25 2PB, 8pm. Singers, players and storytellers welcome. For further information tel. 01909 568270 and ask for Wendy.
3. Paul Newman, A cool mix of classic, contemporary and popular songbook favourites, why not request your favourite? Cubana, Leopold Square, Sheffield, S1, 7.30pm, free admission.
4. Poker Night, The Horse & Jockey, Wadsley Lane, Sheffield, S6, 8pm. Drinks offers run all night long: come along and play your best poker face.
5. Monday Quiz Night, The Albion, London Road, Sheffield, S2, 9pm, costs just 50p to enter, despite the high-stakes prizes. Any team scoring full marks wins a cash prize, plus the winning team wins a £30 bar tab.
6. Ukulele Night, Wadsley Jack pub, 65 Rural Lane, Wadsley, Sheffield, S6 4BJ, 7.30pm, free adm, just buy a drink. Andrea, tel. 0114 2335686.
7. Lunchtime Talk, Ceramics Makers at Yorkshire Artspace, Millennium Gallery, 1–1.45pm, free, just turn up. Bethany Stafford is one of the current participants in the Starter Studio Programme for Ceramicists, based at Yorkshire Artspace, Persistence Works, Sheffield. Her new piece has recently gone on display in the Millennium Gallery. This ‘All Fired Up’ commission by Yorkshire Artspace was made in partnership with South Yorkshire Housing Association and with materials sponsorship by Potclays Ltd. In this illustrated talk, she will be discussing what it’s like to be a ceramicist in Sheffield today; her inspirations, training and design ideas and how she hopes to develop her career.
8. Community Craft Group, The Unity Centre, St Leonards Road, Rotherham, S65 19D, 10-12pm. Refreshment and snack included, Adults and children are welcome, Cost £3 per session. We look forward to welcoming you soon. If you would like more information please call Zoe tel. 07866401976 or email@example.com
9. Stained Glass Classes, Walkley Community Centre, 7A Fir Street, S6 3TG. All equipment provided, covering Tiffany, leaded, fusing, painting and other techniques. All abilities welcome, no previous experience necessary, with 1:1 for beginners. Groups are small, very sociable and refreshments provided. Centre has ample car parking, disabled access and on bus routes 95 and 52. Bespoke day workshops and taster sessions available too. For further information, please contact Natasha tel. 07726963827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Art & Watercolours, The Venue, Manchester Road, Stocksbridge, 10.30am. To book tel. 0114 2838692.