1. Barnsley Jazz, The Spirit of New Orleans, Fairway Hotel, 1 mile form jct 37 M1 on A628 towards Manchester, S75 4LS, 8.30pm, adm £5 otd. Info. tel. 01226 281805. www.barnsleyjazzclub.com
2. Spiritualist Open Circle, with medium Lynda Sheppard in the Valley Room, 7pm. Salsa classes beginners to advanced in the Titans Bar, 8pm. Rotherham Titans RUFC, Clifton Lane Sports Ground, Badsley Moor Lane, Rotherham, S60 2SN.
3. Ukulele Night, Wadsley Jack pub, 65 Rural Lane, Wadsley, Sheffield, S6 4BJ, 7.30pm, free adm, just buy a drink. Andrea, tel. 0114 2335686.
4. Dinnington & District Horticultural Society, Evening Talk, How The Tudors Celebrated Christmas by Maureen Taylor, Anston Parish Hall, Ryston Road, North Anston, 7.30pm, members free, non-members £2.50. More details, tel. 01909 564494.
5. Wadsley and Loxley Commoners, Annual Carol Concert with Robin Garside and Humble Swain, Wadsley Church, 7.30pm, admission £4, £3.50 for members, (includes mulled wine and mince pies).
6. Ravilious Season Curator Talk, Tracing the patterns of Friendship with Andy Friend, Millennium Gallery, 1-1.45pm, free, just turn up.
7. Sleeping Beauty, Buxton Opera House, £19.50-£23, tel. 01298 72190. www.buxtonoperahouse.org.uk
8. The Pantomime Adventures of Peter Pan, Pomegranate Theatre, Chesterfield, tel. 01246 345222. www.chesterfieldtheatres.co.uk
9. Mother Goose, Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield. Tel. 0114 249 6000. www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk
10. The Wizard of Oz, Crucible Theatre, Sheffield. Tel. 0114 249 6000. www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk