1. Mahogany Newt, live Band, The Railway Hotel, Penistone Road North, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield, S6 1LP, 9:30pm.
2. Thor, the mighty Gods of rock are dropping the hammer hard on The Victoria Club, Chesterfield, 7.30pm, all welcome, non members too, but be early.
3. M&J Blues, The Gardeners Rest,Neepsend Lane, Sheffield, Father & Son duo play blues, rock ‘n’ roll & country covers. 9pm, free entry.
4. Sex Shop Ram Raid, Don’t let the name scare you off! A lovely bunch who just want to make music, playing the biggest hits from rock pioneers including Black Sabbath, Metallica and more. Cutlers Arms, 29 Westgate, Rotherham, S60 1BQ, 9pm, free entry, 18+. Tel. 01709 382581.
5. Doghouse, rock covers, The White Lion, London Road, Heeley, 8.30pm, free entry.
6. Cartwheel Folk, featuring Pat Moffat and Dave Mills, Old Horns, High Bradfield, 8:30pm all singers and performers welcome.
7. Folk Music Session, Hannah Sanders and Ben Savage, The Greystones, Greystones Rd, Sheffield, S11 7BS. Doors 7.30pm. Tickets £12.00, tel. 0114 2665599.
8. Illustrated Lecture, The Shepleys of Woodthorpe Hall, by Dick Shepley, Coal Aston Methodist Church, Eckington Road, Coal Aston, near Dronfield, 7.30pm, adm. £4 inc. refreshments. Tel. 01246 414847 to book.
9. Volunteer Work Day, Woodhouse Washlands, Help Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust look after this fantastic nature reserve! It’s a great way to explore the reserve and get involved. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 263 4335. Meeting at Furnace Lane Entrance, S13 9XB, 10-3pm.
10. The Beautiful Game, The Civic Theatre, Barnsley, 7:30pm, tickets £12, £10, tel. 01298 72190. www.barnsleycivic.co.uk