1. Mahogany Newt, New Barrack Tavern, 601 Penistone Road, Sheffield, S6 2GA, 9:30pm.
2. Sam Wain, on Piano, swing, jazz, and some good old rock ‘n’ roll, with Mark Goddard on Drums and Kent Roach on Sax, Trippet’s Lounge Bar, S1 4EL, from 8:30pm till late.
3. Mystery Train, live rock n roll band, The Railway Hotel, Penistone Road North, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield, free entry, all welcome.
4. Cartwheel 3 Folk, Old Horns, High Bradfield, 8:30pm, all performers and listeners welcome, this month is singers night.
5. The Rogues, Classic rock covers band, Cutlers Arms, 29 Westgate, Rotherham, S60 1BQ, 9pm, 18+, free entry. Tel. 01709 382581.
6. Stranded at the Drive-In, Grease 40th Anniversary Celebration, Magna, Rotherham, S60 1DX, 7pm. Advance online tickets cost £12.50 pp and can be purchased at www.visitmagna.co.uk/whats-on/stranded-at-the-drive-in-grease-40th-anniversary-celebration or email email@example.com or tel. 01709 723118. One free drink token per person will be issued to all guests attending in fancy dress.
7. Sip And Ceramics, Pinch Pots, with Mike Scown. Come and enjoy a relaxed, easy-going Friday night pottery session whilst savouring a few glasses of your favourite tipple. The Art House, Backfields, Sheffield, S1 4HJ, 6.30-8.30pm £25, (18+). For more information and to book, tel. 0114 2723970. www.arthousesheffield.co.uk
8. Cathie’s Creative Sewing Classes, Small friendly classes running throughout the year, during term time. Bring your own projects or I can set you tasks to improve your sewing skills! Classes are held in a fully equipped spacious studio and all skill levels are welcome. 12.30-2.30pm. £75 for an average half term of six classes (this varies in accordance with the length of each term). Call Cathie, tel. 07905 250826, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.cathiescreative.com
9. On Behalf of the People, The Civic Theatre, Barnsley, 7.30pm, tickets £12, £10 conc, £8 child/student, tel. 01298 72190. www.barnsleycivic.co.uk
10. Grease 40th Anniversary Celebration Event, Magna, 7pm. Fuel up with hotdogs, popcorn and Twinkies, plus the bar is open all night with pub prices, free drink on arrival for everyone in fancy dress. Tickets £12.50 adv. www.visitmagna.co.uk/whats-on