1. Mahogany Newt, The Railway, 19 Penistone Rd Nth, Sheffield, S6 1LP, 9.30pm.
2. Thor, the mighty Gods of rock are bringing there new line up to The Southey Social Club, Sheffield, 7.30pm, the all new show is free adm, all welcome, inc. non members, be early.
3. The Lost Days, Rock covers band, Cutlers Arms, 29 Westgate, Rotherham, S60 1BQ, 9pm, free entry, 18+. Tel. 01709 382581.
4. The Jon Strong Band, Roots Music Club, The Ukrainian Centre, 48 Beckett Road, Doncaster, DN2 4AD, 8pm. Tickets £11 on the door or £9 in advance from www.wegottickets.com/rootsmusicclubdoncaster Special Deal—Buy 4 on the door and get one FREE. Live music fans 16 years of age and younger admitted free when accompanied by a paying adult.
5. The Old Horns Folk Club, Singers Night all singers and performers welcome, The Old Horns, High Bradfield, 8:30pm.
6. Winter Tree Identification Workshop, How well do you know your bark and buds? Join us for a one day workshop on winter tree identification. Classroom session in the morning, followed by a practical session in the afternoon. For more information and to reserve your place see www.wildsheffield.com/whats-on Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust HQ, Stafford Road, S2 2SF, 9.30-4pm.
7. Volunteer Work Day, Woodhouse Washlands, Help Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust look after this fantastic nature reserve! It’s a great way to explore the reserve and get involved. For more information contact email@example.com or 0114 263 4335. Meeting at Furnace Lane Entrance, S13 9XB, 10.30-3pm.
8. Volunteer Taster Day. Woodhouse Washlands, Would you like to get out in the fresh air and do something positive to help your local wildlife sites? Find out about volunteering opportunities at the Trust by coming to find us at Woodhouse Washlands Nature Reserve between 10 - 11am to find out more about volunteering with us and chat to our friendly staff. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 263 4335. Meeting at Furnace Lane Entrance, S13 9XB, 10-3pm.
9. Last Laugh, by John Godber, The Civic Theatre, Barnsley, 7.30pm, tickets £10, £8 conc. tel. 01298 72190. www.barnsleycivic.co.uk
10. Strangers on a Train, The Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield. Tel. 0114 249 6000. www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk