1. Mahogany Newt, The Harlequin, 110 Nursery Street, Sheffield, S3 8GG, 9pm.
2. Vindictive, live band, The Railway Hotel, Penistone Road North, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield.
3. Bad Penny, rock and indie covers, The White Lion, London Road, Heeley, 9.30pm, free entry.
4. Cartwheel Folk Club, all singers and performers welcome, this months guest Alec. Thomson, The Old Horns, High Bradfield, 8:30pm.
5. Tickhill Music Society, Concert, Marmen Quartet, Mozart, Beethoven and Janáček, St Mary’s Primary School, St. Mary’s Road, Tickhil, 7pm, Admission £10 at the door with the exception of our subscription members, Children u16 free when accompanied by an adult. Students (16-19) free. Advance tickets and enquiries, Adrian Hattrell tel. 01302 742612. Preceded at 6pm. by the Society’s AGM. www.tickhillmusicsociety.org
6. Art Talks, with Mark Beachell A series of completely down to earth illustrated talks inspiring appreciation of and helping to demystify the art world. Whether you are a curious newcomer to the art world, an experienced gallery go-er or a creative person looking for a stimulating environment these sessions will be for you. The Art House, Backfields, Sheffield, S1 4HJ, 10-12pm, (6 weeks), £72. For more information and to book your place tel. 0114 2723970. www.arthousesheffield.co.uk
7. John Robins, The Darkness of Robins, The Civic Theatre, Barnsley, 8pm, £14.50, tel. 01298 72190. www.barnsleycivic.co.uk
8. Someone Like You, The Adele Songbook, The Winding Wheel, Chesterfield. www.someonelikeyou.co.uk
9. Wrong Un, presented by Red Ladder Theatre Company, St Johns Church Hall, Greenside, Staincross, S75 6GU, 7:30pm. Tickets £5. For more information and to book visit www.barnsleycivic.co.uk or call the Box Office tel. 01226 327000.
10. Last of the Summer Wine, by Roy Clarke, presented by The Stannington Players, Lomas Hall, Church Street, Sheffield, S6 6DB, 7.15pm, (Sat matinee 2.15pm. Tickets £7 concessions £6. Tel. 0114 2336217.