PULL on your woollens, tuck into a toffee apple and head out into the dark – a wonderful weekend of crackling bonfires and colourful fireworks awaits.
Pubs, parish councils, scouts and community groups are all staging Guy Fawkes events – here’s The Star’s guide to the brightest and best lighting up your area this weekend...
* Manor Fields Park, off City Road, Sheffield – bonfire 6pm, fireworks 7pm. Funfair, hot food. Free.
* Our Cow Molly Farm, Cliffe House Farm, Dungworth, Sheffield – bonfire 4.30pm, fire engine rides, barbecue, bar. £2.
* New Inn pub, Hemsworth Road, Norton, Sheffield – 6.30pm. Bonfire, stalls, fireworks till 10pm. Free.
* Bagshawe Arms pub, Norton, Sheffield – 6.30pm. Fireworks, burgers, hotdogs and singer. Free.
* The Springvale pub, Commonside, near Walkley, Sheffield – 7pm. Free. Bonfire, fireworks, food.
* Norfolk Arms pub, Ringinglow, Sheffield – bonfire, outdoor bar, hot food. Free.
* Grenoside Scout & Guide HQ, Saltbox Lane – 6.30pm. Fire, fireworks, food. £3.50.
* Parsonage Farm Fields, Deepcar – 6.30pm. Bonfire, fireworks 7pm. Donations.
* Tankersley Welfare Hall, Pilley Lane, Pilley – bonfire 6.30pm, fireworks 7.30pm.
* Penistone Showground – 6.45pm. Penistone Round Table event. £3.50 adults/ under 16s free.
* Locke Park, Barnsley – 6pm. Big bonfire, funfair, fireworks. £5/£3.
* Brinsworth Playing Fields – 6.45pm. Parish council fireworks display.
* Dronfield Woodhouse Sports & Social Club, Carr Lane – 6pm. Fireworks 7pm/8pm, hot food, children’s rides. £5/£2.50.
* Bolsover Castle – 5pm. Thousands expected at English Heritage display. Performances 6pm, fireworks 7.30pm. £8/£4.
* Chatsworth House and Gardens – 6.30pm. Saturday and Sunday. Gates 6.30pm, bonfire 7.15pm, fireworks 8pm, entertainment till 9pm. £12/£8. Call 01246 565 430 to book.
* Hollin Bush Inn, Hollinsend Road, Sheffield – 5pm. Bonfire for St Luke’s Hospice. Face painting and football from 2pm, bonfire 5pm, fireworks 9.30pm. Food and prize raffle.
* Niagara, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield – 5pm. Last year over 3,000 people enjoyed aerial fireworks display. This year’s is choreographed to James Bond music. Rides, outside bar, food. Tickets £5 on gate.
* Christ Church, Sheffield Road, Hackenthorpe – 6pm. Hot dogs, soup, fireworks.
* Cannon Hall Museum and Farm, Barnsley – 6pm. Fire and Light fireworks spectacular, with bonfire lit by folk singer Kate Rusby. £7/£25 family.
* Clifton Park, Rotherham – 6.30pm. The town’s main event. Fireworks 7.45pm.
* Treeton Baptist Church, Treeton, Rotherham – bonfire 6.15pm, fireworks 7pm.
* Sportsman Inn, Worrall Rd, Wadsley, Sheffield – fireworks from 7pm.
* Maltby Manor Fields, Rotherham – 5pm. Organised by Maltby Town Council. Guy Fawkes competition 5.30pm, bonfire and fireworks 6pm.
* Anston Parish Hall Recreation Grounds – 7pm bonfire and fireworks.
* After Dark, Don Valley Bowl, Sheffield – Yorkshire’s biggest fireworks display, bonfire and funfair, from 5.30pm. £10/£5. Thousands expected.
* Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster – The Big Bang, from 4.30pm. Fireworks extravaganza, bonfire, huge funfair, bar and food. Firework displays 6.30pm/ 8.45pm. £3. Book before Sunday for £2 in funfair vouchers – 01302 762 576.
* Chesterfield Council’s main fireworks extravaganza, Stand Road Recreation Ground, Whittington Moor – 6pm. Free. Fairground rides, hot food.