Blaze above takeaway

Share this article

A WOMAN and two men were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a flat above a takeaway shop in Stocksbridge.

The trio were in the property above the Hong Kong takeaway on Manchester Road when a fan heater overturned and set fire to a carpet at 3.13pm on Monday.They were treated at the scene by paramedics before being transferred to the Northern General Hospital by ambulance.

Firefighters from Stocksbridge, Penistone and Tankersley dealt with the incident.

What do you think? Add your comment below.


Join the Star reader panel

Main news index

Your letters


South Yorkshire's environmental news

Kids Zone

More business news

More Rotherham news

More Doncaster news

More Barnsley news

Latest sport