We've got football fever and the temperature is soaring. So where is the best place to catch some rays and the next match?
With the weather getting us all in the mood for a pint or two in the sunshine, here’s our guide to Doncaster’s seven best pub beer gardens.
1. THE RED LION: Possibly the most amazing pub transformation Doncaster has ever seen, the huge beer garden at the back of this Market Place Wetherspoons house is a real sun trap. Ideal for lunchtimes and balmy summer evenings.
2. THE BOAT INN, SPROTBROUGH: Its riverside setting has long made it a popular spot for al fresco drinkers coming from miles a round to enjoy a glass.
3: MANANA MANANA: Another popular summer drinking spot, the car park view might leave a little to be desired, but its always popular for after work drinkers looking to enjoy a chilled one while soaking up a few rays
4. THE CUMBERLAND: Always teeming as soon as the temperature rises, the sprawling Cumberland’s huge enclosed grounds make it ideal for families. There’s plenty of tables and room for the youngsters to play too.
5. HUELLAS: A relatively new addition to the list, the champagne bar on Cleveland Street has another delightful al fresco spot. Wood-panelled, fairy-light bedecked and acohol on tap, What’s not to like?
6. THE MALLARD: Another recent newcomer, the Frenchgate Centre pub has a terrace balcony slap bang in the middle of town. Ideally situated for commuters, its the perfect place to grab a jar with your mates while waiting for a bus or train.
7. EDEN ARMS: Located in the heart of the community, The Eden Arms in Edenthorpe serves up delicious pub food and a wide selection of drinks in warm, welcoming surroundings.