- Take time out from your hectic life to enjoy a day of mindfulness, writing, and walking on the beautiful Longshaw Estate, this Saturday.
Enjoy meditation, writing practice, a taste of nature, and incredible Peak District scenery. A curious spirit, walking shoes, pen and paper, and a packed lunch is all you need. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, and to book your place on this one-day retreat, running this Saturday from 10am to 4pm, meeting at Moorland Discovery Centre.
- Award-winning stand-up comedian, musician and writer, Andrew O’Neill, is using his distinctive voice and alternative credentials to carve out a unique place for himself in the comedy world. The Never Mind The Buzzcocks star will be at Picture House Social, on Abbeydale Road, from 7.30pm this Friday night.
- Take a tour of the Tudor ruins and Turret House at Sheffield Manor Lodge this Sunday, to discover the history that happened on your doorstep. Meet Bess of Hardwick and Mary Queen of Scots, get lost in the lavender labyrinth, dress up a prince or princess, build a sandcastle in the giant sandpit, get stuck in the stocks, discover wooden games, and make historical crafts.
Over at Manor Cottages, Mr and Mrs Barnes will open their doors for visitors to hide in their Anderson shelter, have a go at ration book cooking, learn how to put out an incendiary bomb, wash without electricity and make a peg doll. The ARP warden will also show you how to sound the air raid siren and put on your gas mask.
The site is open from 11am to 4pm, at a small charge for adults, and children going free
- Visit Renishaw Hall this weekend for the first public vineyard tour of the year at one of the world’s most northerly vineyards.
Explore the 45-year-old site on the beautiful estate, near Chesterfield, in a tour led by local award-winning wine maker, Kieron Atkinson. Learn the intriguing history of Renishaw’s vineyard, before trying the wine for yourself. Email email@example.com to book your place on this Sunday’s tour at 12pm.
- Ever fancied getting expressive in the air? A workshop in The Vertical Theatre Method is being held at Victoria Works, on Rowland Street, this Sunday, from 1pm to 4pm. The performative-based workshop will explore the expressive nature of aerials using improvisation, physical theatre, musicality, and stage presence. Master the silks, try the trapeze, and give the rope a whirl. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place, with Sarah Bebe Holmes, of Paper Doll Militia.
- Stock up on vintage, retro and pre-loved bargains this Sunday, at Trafalgar Warehouse, on Trafalgar Street, welcomes back the Pre-loved Vintage Kilo.
Entry is £1.50 all day and stock will be replenished regularly, so there’s no needs to push! On entry to the event, which runs from 10am to 4pm, you’ll be given a big bag, and the rest if down to you. Items will be on rails or tubs, so come ready to rummage, fill your bag and head to the scales
- Immersion Theatre is bringing its trademark energy to its wildest show yet - a brand new musical adaptation of family favourite, The Jungle Book, at The Montgomery this Sunday. Filled with catchy music, audience interaction, and the chance to meet the characters after the show, the whole family is invited to join Mowgli, Baloo the bear and Bagheera the panther, on a madcap jungle adventure as they attempt to outwit a slithering snake and the fierce tiger, Shere Khan.
- Bright lights! Big city! Sheffield’s spectacular neon night race - full of atmosphere and fabulous neon lights - is back this Saturday. The 5km, 10km and half marathon routes - hosted by Run For It - will light up Sheffield Tinsley Canal Towpath this weekend, kicking off at 8pm to 11pm. The route is totally flat and suitable for families, wheelchairs and prams, with frequent refreshments and friendly marshals. No time limits, no pressure - just lots of fun!
- A free, family-friendly day of activities to celebrate The Science of Multilingualism will be held at Weston Park Museum this Saturday. Over 120 different languages are spoken in Sheffield, reflecting the diversity of people who live there. Join the Sheffield branch of the British Science Association as they explore what really happens in the brain as we learn and speak other languages. Take part in fun science experiments and join in activities. Drop in anytime from 11am to 2.30pm.
- Documentary ‘The Work’ - following convicts inside Folsom Prison - will be showing at Regather, on Club Garden Road, from 7pm to 10pm this Thursday evening.
- Meet at Sidney Street Pocket Park this Thursday to help clean up, from 10am to 1pm, wear suitable clothing and wellies.
- ‘Our Mel’ will present an evening of poetry and live music at Theatre Deli Sheffield, from 7.30pm-10pm this Thursday.
- Explore local churches and churyards at Sheffield Central Library, from 7.30pm this Thursday, with Dr Sidebottom.