MOVIEGOERS were forced to evacuate from a Sheffield cinema after arsonists started a fire in a toilet block.
Firefighters were called to Cineworld, at Valley Centertainment near Meadowhall, when smoke was spotted coming from the men’s toilets.
Three engines from Darnall and Elm Lane attended the scene, with crews spending around 20 minutes putting out the small fire.
People were asked to leave the cinema during matinee screenings at around 3pm yesterday.
John Skelton, aged 51, said he had just bought his film tickets when he had to leave Cineworld.
“I’d got tickets for Horrible Bosses and bought coffees when we had to get out,” he said.
“Fire officers in breathing apparatus went inside and it was all cordoned off.”
A fire service spokesman said crews left just after 4pm.
“It was put out quite quickly, but just caused a lot of smoke in the toilets and a little bit outside,” he added.
The fire is being treated as deliberate.