Worsbrough stage remarkable comeback to beat Rangers 4-3

Have your say

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic staged a sensational fightback, coming from 3-0 down against Winterton Rangers at Park Road to run out 4-3 winners.

The Briggers made a nightmare start as Martyn Severn and a Luke Anderson brace saw Rangers storm into a 3-0 lead inside the opening 10 minutes.

Danny Cawley reduced the arrears with a top-corner effort, and Andy Broadbent rifled home three minutes from the break to put Worsbrough right back in the game. The visitors were reduced to ten men in first half stoppage time, and parity was restored just past the hour through a Mark Kokot penalty after Sam Bouffon had been hauled down.

Rangers found themselves down to nine men ten minutes from time, and Worsbrough completed the turnaround two minutes from time as Andy Broadbent nodded home a richly deserved winner.

Managerless Hallam remain anchored to the bottom of Division One after a tenth straight league defeat following a 3-1 home reversal against Hall Road Rangers, but Dronfield Town picked up their first win of the season - at the tenth attempt.

They beat Rossington Main 1-0 at Stonelow Road thanks to Nick Horsfield’s 80th-minute penalty.

AFC Emley maintained their 100 per cent home league record, and their place at the top of Division One table, with a 1-0 win over Penistone Church at the Welfare ground, thanks to Alex Hallam’s strike.

Premier Division leaders Worksop Town were knocked off their perch despite coming away with an excellent point from a 1-1 draw at promotion rivals Heanor Town.

And Handsworth Parramore remain fifth despite being beaten 3-2 at home by Pickering Town. The visitors took a fourth minute lead but Luke Fletcher levelled on 21 minutes from Sam Smith’s knock-down.

Smith then put the Ambers in with his 11th goal of the season two minutes from the break. However, Pickering hit back to equalise four minutes after the interval, then grabbed the decisive winner midway through the half. Handsworth’s misery was compounded when Alan Quinn was sent off five minutes from time.

Parkgate stretched their unbeaten run to three games with a 1-0 win at Retford United, Scott Whittington heading the only goal three minutes into the second half.

Shaw Lane Aquaforce climbed up to second after coming from behind to win 2-1 at Albion Sports.

n Tomorrow’s fixtures, Premier Division: Heanor Town v Handsworth Parramore, Parkgate v Tadcaster Albion. Shaw Lane Aquaforce v Thackley.

n Division One: Rossington Main v Penistone Church, Teversal v AFC Emley, Worsbrough Bridge v Bottesford Town.

n Wednesday, Premier Division: Worksop Town v Staveley MW