What Garry Monk said about the prospect of further Sheffield Wednesday outgoings in this transfer window
The desk of Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk has not been crossed with any transfer offers since the departures of young defensive duo Jordan Thorniley and Ashley Baker earlier this month.
That’s according to the Wednesday boss himself, who reiterated the ‘clear need’ to add firepower to his ranks when speaking ahead of Friday’s FA Cup clash at Queens Park Rangers.
He said that the club are yet to receive a bid that requires consideration.
“There’s absolutely nothing on that side, in terms of outgoings, that I’ve heard,” he said.
“I haven’t been informed of anything at all, anything official or anything like that, so that’s where that is.
“I’m more hopeful really that we can get a couple of players in as soon as possible.”
The Star understands that the club will listen to offers for out-of-favour full-back Moses Odubajo, who only arrived in the summer.
Jordan Rhodes is another player who has been linked with a move.
“I only need to consider those things when they come in,” Monk said.
“Every player in the world is there for sale if the right thing comes, the club I’m sure will approach me and ask what my opinion is and whether that will go forward.
“But like I said we’ve had nothing at all in terms of anything that needs to be considered.
“I’m not really focused on that, I’m focused on the squad that we have and the biggest need is to add to it and help it.”