Sheffield Wednesday RECAP: Rotation, explanation and inspiration - Hear from several Owls stars as Garry Monk talks Watford draw
Sheffield Wednesday face Watford today in their first home game of the 2020/21 season – we’ll be here throughout to bring you the latest news, views and updates.
Garry Monk made a number of changes once again after a completely different XI was sent out to beat Rochdale, making 11 more for today’s game at Hillsborough. Here’s all the latest:
Sheffield Wednesday LIVE: Owls face stern Watford test
Last updated: Saturday, 19 September, 2020, 17:40
- Wednesday host Watford at 3pm this afternoon
- Monk made a lot of changes
- The Owls have an almost clean bill of health
- Palmer will be hoping for a birthday win
- SWFC XI: Dawson; Iorfa, Lees, van Aken; Harris, Luongo, Bannan, Penney (Palmer ‘55); Brown; Windass (Reach 85), Rhodes (Kachunga ’69).
- WFC XI: Foster, Ngakia, Kabasele, Wilmot, Cathcart, Sema, Chalobah, Cleverley, Joao Pedro, Quina (Garner, 72), Murray (Perica '58).
What did you think of his performance?
Monk on Urhoghide and Dunkley
Both of them need some U23 minutes first before league games and cup games… Osaze is pretty much there, Chey isn’t far behind.
Monk on Penney’s sub
I felt like Kads could get more joy down that left side, that was why I made that decision.
Monk on transfers
We’re working behind the scenes, but there’s nothing imminent.
Monk on Borner and Odubajo being absent
The whole squad is performing, it’s a case of picking the ones who are performing. The ones who are left out, it’s up to them to get back in.
Everyone has to be ready, they’re not out of the squad for any other reason than people are performing and I have to make a decision.