Sheffield Wednesday's Championship rivals Derby County have tabled a £7million bid for star forward Fernando Forestieri according to reports.
The Daily Star reports the Rams have launched a £7m move for the 26-year-old with the Derby Telegraph subsequently confirming they understand a bid has been placed.
Derby boss and former Owls skipper Nigel Pearson said the club had lodged bids for four players and the Derby Telegraph understands one of those is for Forestieri.
Wednesday look likely to balk at such a fee for a player who netted 15 goals last season and scored the only goal of the game as they kicked off the new season with a win over Aston Villa on Sunday.
Senior officials at Wednesday have long insisted the club's best players are not for sale, reflected by improved contracts for Keiren Westwood and Tom Lees within the last week.
Head coach Carlos Carvalhal told The Star last week he had assurances from chairman Dejphon Chansiri that his top performers would not be sold.
“The chairman has been very clear," Carvalhal said. "Even if there is interest, he doesn’t want to sell any players.
"He doesn’t need money and to sell players.”