Exclusive: Steve Bruce's signing told he can leave Sheffield Wednesday
Moses Odubajo has been told by Sheffield Wednesday he is free to leave the club this month, The Star can exclusively reveal.
The defender, who only joined the Owls on a free transfer last summer following his release by Brentford, has been informed he has no future at Hillsborough.
Odubajo has not featured since being sent off for two bookable offences at Derby County last month.
The 26-year-old, recruited by former boss Steve Bruce in July 2019, was left out of the matchday squad in Saturday's cup win against Brighton and Hove Albion.
Youngster Osaze Urhoghide was preferred in the right-back slot as Garry Monk's men prevailed 1-0 after a second half strike by Adam Reach.
On Odubajo and Hamburg loanee David Bates' absence away to the Seagulls, manager Monk told The Star: "You have to pick a squad and there will always be players left out.
"They were the players left out. That’s my job.
"I’ve got to pick a team and that’s what it was today."
Odubajo has struggled for form and to command a regular starting spot, making 14 starts in all competitions this season.
The 26-year-old has made a number of high-profile errors, including giving two penalties away in their defeat to Preston North End last August. He also did not cover himself in glory for the goals conceded versus Charlton Athletic and Brentford.
Odubajo still has 18 months left on the contract he signed under Bruce, but The Star understands he will be allowed to depart either on loan or permanently in the January transfer window.