editorial image
Have your say

Grabban double not enough as Millers are held

Torquay 3 Millers 3

A tremendous game full of open, attacking football from both sides saw Rotherham United pegged back after leading 3-1.

Lewis Grabban scored twice with Ryan Cresswell getting the other and there were three goals in the opening 10 minutes of an enthralling tussle.

Grabban opened the scoring when he pounced on Evans’ deflected shot and it was 2-0 soon after when a corner from the right earned another one on the left.

Schofield ran over to take this one as well, it went beyond the far post where Cresswell rose to send a header down and up into the roof of the net.

But before Rotherham could enjoy this super start Torquay pulled one back in the next minute.

Bodin moved in from the left, exchanged passes with O’Kane and then drove a low right footer from 20 yards past the right hand of the diving Logan.

It was the Millers who went 3-1 up in the 34th minute.

Evans, causing problems on the left, took on Oastler again, whipped in a centre and Grabban got across his marker to divert the ball beyond the keeper’s left hand, having done so off his shin - but it was an opportunist strike from the in-form front man for whom this was his sixth of the season.

Five minutes from the break Torquay were back in it.

Nicholson went forward as Bodin slipped the ball through. The left back’s first shot was blocked by Logan but the ball spun high behind the keeper, bounced towards goal and the Torquay man had the run on Cresswell as he leapt to head into the vacant net.

And it took just three minutes for the hosts to equalise after the restart

From a long ball Cresswell looked favourite only for Howe to muscle him out of possession. He then came inside the Rotherham skipper before finishing neatly past the advancing Logan.

In the last minute to home team could have won it when Bodin hit the post, but in the end Rotherham were well worth a point.

For a full report, see the Green’Un.