Parkgate earn cup-final date

Have your say

Parkgate knocked holders Sheffield FC out of the Senior Cup, 4-3, following extra-time at Green Lane last night.

Club had come close to taking a fifth minute lead when Ant Lynam saw his shot cleared off the line by John Drennan.

But it was the Koolsport side that broke the deadlock on 12 minutes, Matt Griffin scoring with a far post header after Kier Hannity had clipped the ball back in after a corner had been half cleared.

Lynam levelled direct from a free-kick outside the area that zipped through the defensive wall. However, Parkgate regained the lead five minutes before the break, Luke Fletcher scoring with a first time right footer.

Jamie Hadfield converted a Matt Roney cross to put Sheffield back on level terms once more on 70 minutes only for the Steelmen to go in front once more when Chris Wood knocked in a Danny Cardwell long throw to make it 3-2.

But Sheffield hit back again through Chris Adam eight minutes from time, to take the tie into extra-time.

However, it was Parkgate who went in front for a fourth and final time in the 106th minute with the winner. Substitute Jamie Ghaichem pounced at the far post after Griffin helped on a long throw. Parkgate meet Stocksbridge Park Steels in the final at Hillsborough on May 3

After winning the last five Evo-Stik Premier outings, Steels were brought back down to earth with a bump with 4-1 defeat against play-off contenders Buxton. The visitors took the lead on 10 with a contentious penalty awarded against goalkeeper Ben Scott and converted by Mark Reed with Michael Towey extending the lead. Steve Ridley put the visitors 3-0 up before half-time. And although Steels pulled one back through a Dan Dillon 58th minute penalty, Buxton wrapped the points two minutes later through Joe Maguire.

Hallam boosted their Koolsport Premier Division survival hopes with a 2-0 win over neighbours Armthorpe Welfare at Sandygate. Martin Brissett headed the Blues into an early lead, from a Ben Kistell cross. Brissett headed in a second from a Matt Sykes corner to seal three points.

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic made it three wins on the spin after coming from a goal down to beat Teversal 2-1 at Park Road. Lee Garside headed in from a free-kick on 50 minutes just three minutes after the visitors had taken the lead. Garside then turned provider for the winner 14 minutes from time crossing for Martin Scully to sweep the ball home.