Stocksbridge lose again, Sheffield postponed...again

editorial image
Have your say

Stocksbridge Park Steels slumped to a 13th defeat on the trot after Stamford came from behind to win 3-1 at Bracken Moor.

Stocksbridge went close to taking the lead on 20 minutes. Liam Royles’ cross was met by Janni Lipka to thunder a shot against the underside of the bar.

However, Lipka was not to be denied when 10 minutes later he put Steels in front with a 30-yard strike.

Steels problem all season has been keeping the ball out of the net and on 66 minutes they conceded their 119th goal of the season as Ryan Robinson levelled.

It took Stamford just 10 minutes to turn the game on its head with Nabil Shariff scoring with a low drive. nd Steels fate was sealed as Shariff tapped in the third in time added on.

Worksop Town suffered a second defeat in four days going down 2-1 at Skelmersdale after going in at the break leading 1-0. The Tigers fired an early warning when Jack Muldoon saw his effort pushed over the bar. And it came as no surprise when Worksop went ahead on 11 minutes as Leon Mettam curled in a low free-kick.

The Tigers were pegged back however when Ashley Dunn lobbed keeper Jon Stewart from 30 yards. It got worse for Worksop when in the 90th minute Ken Strickland turned in a cross for the winner.

Frickley Athletic slipped closer towards relegation with a 2-1 defeat at Witton Albion that leaves Karl Rose’s side five points adrift of safety with four games left. Jake Picton’s own goal gave Albion a 13th minute lead and although Fernando Moke equalised just before the break the hosts grabbed the winner seven minutes from time. In the NCE League, Parkgate settled for a point from a 0-0 draw with Long Eaton United after Scott Preece missed a second half penalty, while Retford United went down 2-1 at home against Glasshoughton Welfare.

Sheffield FC’s home clash against Scarborough Athletic was postponed after their pitch was again waterlogged. The game has been rearranged for Wednesday, April 23 (7.45pm.)