Penalty sinks Stocksbridge but Sheffield FC win

Have your say

Stocksbridge Park Steels slipped to a second successive home defeat in a 1-0 reversal against Lincoln United in the Evo-Stik Division One South.

Lincoln took the lead through Daniel Brooks’ 11th minute penalty awarded against Josh Meade for a trip for what proved to be the only goal of the contest. And the visitors went close to doubling the advantage with a shot that smacked the crossbar before the interval.

Sheffield FC came away from Basford United with a 2-1 victory. Jamie Gregory threatened with a good early run but the keeper was out quickly to gather the ball. The first 45 minutes was short of goal scoring opportunities although Basford did go close just before the interval with a shot over the top. However it was Sheffield that made the break through on 59 minutes. Conor Glavin tucked the ball away after Ben Tuner and Jamie Gregory had combined to create the opening.

It was almost 2-0 moments later when Temi Raheem’s shot was saved.

Sheffield doubled their advantage on 70 minutes when a cross saw Oliver Graham get the vital touch for his first goal for the club. Basford pulled one back with five minutes remaining scrambling in the rebound after a harshly-awarded penalty had come back off the post. But Club held on to put behind them Saturday’s 4-0 home reversal.

In the NCEL, Hallam and AFC Emley shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw at Sandygate. Sam Jerome gave the visitors a 35th minute lead with a close range header after Dave Darwnet had made a fine save.

Hallam equalised on 66 minutes with a solo effort from Michael Blythen only for Emley to regain the lead four minutes later through a Alex Stock volley. Hallam hit back for a second time with Blythen taking advantage of a mix up in the defence to score his 12th of the season.

Handsworth Parramore maintained their fine run of form with a 6-3 win against Albion Sports, while a stoppage time goal saw Dronfield Town come from behind to beat Glasshoughton Welfare 2-1.