Nathan double seals cup tie

Senior Challenge Cup Final at Hillsborough....Parkgate v Stocksbridge PS....Parkgates Nathan Forbes-Swindells gets away from Steels Anthony Lloyd
Senior Challenge Cup Final at Hillsborough....Parkgate v Stocksbridge PS....Parkgates Nathan Forbes-Swindells gets away from Steels Anthony Lloyd
Have your say

Parkgate were just seconds away from going out of the FA Vase at St Helens Town when Daniel Patterson pounced for his first goal of the season to square it up at 2-2 and send the tie into extra-time, which saw the Steelmen triumph 4-2.

The hosts led through a Kieran Hault 35th minute effort and although Nathan Forbes-Swindells equalised five minutes later, Andy Newcombe’s 54th minute penalty looked set to put St Helens into the second round.

However, Patterson with almost the last kick of the game, sent it to extra-time in which Forbes-Swindells put Parkgate in front for the first period before Kier Hannity sealed the tie with the fourth seven minutes from time.

Armthorpe Welfare are also through beating AFC Liverpool 3-1 away. Ben Muirhead gave Welfare an 11th minute lead direct from a corner. Joe Lumsden made it 2-0 with a 60th minute penalty before heading in his second of the tie and Armthorpe’s third four minutes later with Liverpool grabbing a consolation effort 11 minutes from time.

Ashley Flynn struck on 50 minutes to send AFC Emley through 1-0 at home against ten-man Congleton Town. But Retford went out to a late goal in a 3-2 defeat at Spalding Town despite goals from Danny Frost (pen) and Liam Wilkin.

In the Premier Division, Maltby Main picked up a crucial three points beating fellow strugglers Winterton Rangers 1-0 at Muglet Lane, Craig Gladwin with the all-important goal 12 minutes from time.

Promotion hopefuls Worksop Parramore are without a league win in three after being held at home 2-2 by Staveley MW. Jordan Eagers gave the visitors the lead on the stoke of half-time but Parramore hit back to lead 2-1 with goals from Matty Thorpe four minutes after the break and Lee Whittington on 73 minutes only for Simon Barraclough to level four minutes from time.

Hallam remain anchored to the bottom of Division One after a 6-2 defeat at third-placed Cleethorpes Town. The Countrymen were 4-0 down at the break and when Town added a fifth at the start of the second half Hallam looked to be onto a hiding. However, in a game where boss Julian Watts was forced to reshuffle after losing three of his back four too injury, Liam Morris grabbed a brace to give the scoreline a little more respectability.

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic extended their unbeaten home league record to five games with a 3-2 win over Teversal. The Briggers hit back to lead 2-1 with goals from Chris White and a Lee Garside header after the visitors had taken a second minute lead. Teversal levelled matters up before the break, but White’s second of the game on 83 minutes settled it.

Liam Cartledge and Daniel McKenzie both scored twice to help Dinnington Town to a 4-2 away success at Hemsworth MW, while Athersley Recreation remain four points clear at the top after a 3-0 home win over Grimsby Borough with goals from Tom Harban (pen), Jason Bentley and Jack Briscoe.

Nathan Fraser’s stoppage time goal gave Rossington Main a 3-2 victory at Yorkshire Amateur after the hosts had pegged back Dean Thornton and Marcel Chipamunga goals.