High fives for Parkgate

Have your say

Hallam made it three without defeat but will be disappointed not to have completed a first league double of the season after being held 1-1 at home to lowly Yorkshire Amateur at Sandygate.

The Blues, who went into the game without top scorer Liam Morris and in-form winger James Cooke, found themselves a goal down after three minutes, Nathan Thomas finding the net with a neat low finish from the edge of the box.

The visitors’ joy was short lived as Hallam hit back to equalise just two minutes later, Aaron Moxam sweeping the ball home from six-yards after Ben Cobley had turned a Dwayne Wiley’s deep cross back in the middle.

The Blues that went closest to taking all three points in the 89th minute. Tom Carnall’s snap shot from the edge of the box flashed inches wide with the Ammers goalkeeper beaten, but the point was enough to lift the Blues up to 10th in Division One.

Dinnington Town came away from Shirebrook Town with a creditable 1-1 draw. James Roper latched onto a poor clearance from the keeper to fire Steve Toyne’s men into a 41st minute lead. Brother Jon Roper then had the chance to double the advantage 10-minutes after the break but could only steer his shot wide from an inviting cross. It proved a costly miss when Shirebrook grabbed the equaliser on 61 minutes, a lapse of concentration allowing Julian Topliss to get free to fire under the sprawling Luke Hands.

Rossington Main came away with the honours from local rivals Askern Villa 1-0. The goal that proved decisive came after just two minutes when Lee Holmes was allowed to run at the defence to place a shot across the keeper.

AFC Emley beat Hemsworth MW 3-2 to end a run of eight games without a win with goals from Sean Hazeldon, Steve Powell and leading scorer David Heagney.

In the Premier Division, Parkgate climbed to fifth after making it five league wins on the spin with a 2-0 victory over neighbours Maltby Main at Green Lane. Chris Wood fired the Steelmen into a 35th minute lead with Liam Davis wrapping up the points just before the hour.

Retford United maintained their four point lead at the top with a 3-0 win at Lincoln Moorlands Railway, while Staveley saw their promotion hopes dented with a 3-1 defeat at Armthorpe Welfare. Leo Fortune-West headed the home side into a seventh minute lead with James Walker and Craig Morley adding two more before the half hour. Andy Fox reduced the deficit three minutes before the break but it proved no more than a consolation effort.