Hallam end nine-match winless run

Brian Cusworth scored his 12th goal of the season for Maltby
Brian Cusworth scored his 12th goal of the season for Maltby
Have your say

Hallam ended a run of nine league games without a win after coming from behind to beat Hemsworth Miners.

Ryan Pleasant headed Hemsworth into an eighth minute lead but he Countrymen drew level five minutes into the second half. Scott Ruthven marked his debut with a fine goal, going past two defenders before finding the bottom corner from the edge of the box. The winner came 12 minutes later, Jack Bradbury surging into the area to score from 12-yards.

A 2-1 defeat at Liversedge left Parkgate without a league victory in 11 games. Scott Whittington superbly volleyed the Steelmenin front after just three minutes. Richard Watson made a brilliant penalty stop on 64 minutes from Ben Grech-Brooksbank to keep Parkgate’s lead intactbut Grech-Brooksbank wasn’t to be denied firing home the equaliser a minute later before grabbing the winner four minutes from time.

Brian Cusworth bagged his 12th goal of the season heading home a Matt Outram cross nine minutes from time to give Maltby Main a 1-0 home win over ten-man Garforth Town.

Worksop Parramore’s eight match unbeaten run ended with a shock 2-1 defeat at next to bottom Lincoln Moorlands Railway, who led 2-0 at the break. Parramore pulled one back through Craig Fletcher on 78 minutes.

Staveley Miners Welfare were well beaten 5-2 at home by Heanor Town. Staveley scorers were Ryan Damms and Pat Lindley both in the last 11 minutes.

Athersley Recreation were beaten for the first time in eight games losing 3-2 at home against Brighouse Town, who hit the winner four minutes from time. Rec scorers were Dan Joynes and Rob Cartwright.

Retford United missed a chance to go top after a 1-1 home draw with leaders Tadcaster Albion. Liam Wilkin had given United a 15th minute lead with his seventh goal of the season.

Armthorpe Welfare saw their three match winning streak brought o an abrupt end with a 4-0 defeat at Barton Town OB

After waiting 11 games for their first league win, Dinnington Town made it two on the spin with a 3-2 victory at Appleby Frodingham which took them off the foot of the table.

Jason Slew and a second half brace from Liam Cartledge clinched the points.

Dronfield Town won 3-1 at Grimsby Borough to make it three wins in the last four with goals from Steve Whitehead, Andy Grange and Callum Mawbey.

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic were denied the points at Teversal by a last-gasp equaliser in a 1-1 draw after Liam McFadyen had given the Briggers a sixth minute lead.

Shaw Lane Aquaforce were held at home 1-1 by Pontefract Collieries with Ashley Flynn grabbing the equaliser two minutes into the second half.

Rossington Main went down 3-2 at home against Cleethorpes Town despite the best efforts of Dean Thornton and Jordan Hatton.

AFC Emley came from behind to beat Hall Road Rangers 2-1 courtesy of two late Paul Sykes spot-kicks.