Hallam ease their relegation woes with comeback win

Have your say

Hallam eased their relegation fears after coming from a goal down to beat Rossington Main 3-1 at Sandygate.

Nathan Fraser poked home a Lee Holmes cross at the near post to give Rossington a 31st minute lead.

But Hallam were back on level terms four minutes after the interval through a Mark West far post header after the keeper had missed his attempted punch. And the home side were in front on 65 minutes when the ball was nodded back across the area for Rob Adgie to score with a looping header.

Hallam stretched their lead seven minutes later when from a cross into the box Joe Charlesworth thumped home a first time effort from 12 yards.

Dinnington Town lost 2-0 against AFC Emley at Phoenix Park in the battle of the two in-form teams. Town had won five of the last six, but goals from Doran Jordan and Max Leonard six minutes from time saw Emley stretch their run to just one defeat in eleven.

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic enjoyed a 4-1 win against Grimsby Borough at Park Road, extending their unbeaten run to six games.

Ryan Poskitt and Chris White gave the Briggers a 2-0 lead at the interval. Grimsby pulled one back through Luke Fanthorpe two minutes after the restart but White quickly restored the two goal cushion before Adam Podmore wrapped up the points just past the hour.

Shaw Lane Aquaforce won their crunch game at promotion rivals Bottesford Town 2-1. Two goals in as many minutes midway through the first half through Danny Frost and Shane Kelsey put Shaw Lane in control and although Town pulled one back five minutes after the break, the visitors hung on for a priceless three points.

Parkgate were beaten for the first time in six games as Liversedge sprung a surprise 1-0 win at Green Lane.

Joel Farrar’s 56th minute strike ended the visitor’s six match losing streak.

Worksop Parramore maintained their promotion dreams by easing to a 4-1 win against bottom club Lincoln Moorlands Railway.

Lee Whittington fired Parramore into a second minute lead, but they were rocked by an equaliser midway through the first half.

Sam Smith restored the home side’s lead just past the hour with Oliver Fearon extending the lead 12 minutes from time before Nathan Forbes-Swindells added the fourth in added time.

And Parramore were further aided when Armthorpe Welfare returned to winning ways in style with a 3-2 home win over title chasing Barton Town OB.

Staveley MW beat Heanor Town 2-1, Maltby Main went down 3-0 at Garforth Town, while Athersley Recreation were denied all three points at Brighouse Town by a stoppage time equaliser.

Retford United had to settle for a point in a 1-1 draw at lowly Winterton Rangers.