Hallam battle their way to safety with Amateur victory

Have your say

Hallam ensured their First Division safety with a battling 1-0 win at Yorkshire Amateur.

In scrappy game on a hard pitch, the lively Mark West was denied giving the Countrymen a first half lead by a tremendous save.

The home side hit the post early in the second half but Hallam took the lead with what proved to be the decisive goal on 70 minutes. West saw his shot pushed onto the crossbar by the keeper with Joe Charlesworth nodding the rebound against the bar before reacting quickest to force home the loose ball.

Dinnington Town made it three wins from four with a 3-0 victory at Dronfield Town.

Liam Cartledge opened the scoring on the hour with Dan Wood’s own-goal nine minutes from time giving Dinnington some breathing space.

Lanzel Reid put the result beyond doubt three minutes later.

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic were denied a fifth straight win by a stoppage time equaliser at AFC Emley.

The Briggers had led from as early as the second minute courtesy of a Liam McFadyen penalty, which had looked like being enough until Antony Leech pounced with almost the last kick of the game to stretch Emly’s run to just one defeat in 12.

Promotion chasing Shaw Lane Aquaforce grabbed what could be a priceless point with a late equaliser against leaders Cleethorpes Town.

The hosts had taken a 65th minute lead through Chris Funnell but with just seconds left on the clock John Cyrus popped up with the equaliser.

Rossington Main were also hit by a late leveller at home against Hall Road Rangers.

Lee Holmes’ 12th goal of the season gave Main the lead inside the first minute of the second half with a fine strike across the keeper, only for Ben Kinsley to tuck home at the near post six minutes from time to earn Rangers a point.

Worksop Town eased to a fourth league win on the spin beating Winterton Rangers 4-0 at Sandy Lane.

Gareth Griffiths gave the Parras a 23rd minute lead, with Sam Smith doubled the advantage 10 minutes before the interval from the penalty spot.

Oliver Fearon added a third midway through the second half with Ryan Johnson rounding off the scoring 10 minutes from time.

Parkgate are without a win in three after a narrow 2-1 defeat at Pickering Town. Josh Greening fired the hosts into a sixth minute lead but Mick Jones’ header on 74 minutes looked to have rescued a point. However, the Pikes to grabbed the winner five minutes later, Sam Calvert scoring at the second attempt after Dave Reay had made a fine save

Josh Scully’s stunning volley gave Staveley MW a 12th minute lead against Thackley at Inkersall Road.

However, two goals inside the opening five minutes of the second half from James Firth and Matt Matthers turned the game on its head with Pat McGuire wrapping up the points for the visitors.