FOOTBALL: Hallam stretch unbeaten run with fine away point

editorial image
Have your say

Improving Hallam extended their unbeaten run to four games with a creditable 1-1 draw at Teversal to move up to 17th in Division One

Adam Carter gave the Countrymen a 24th minute with a smart shot turn from a Connor Sellars pass.

The hosts hit back to level midway through the second half. Hallam reserve keeper Steve Hancock did well to push away a Colin Cockerill free-kick only for Kye Pilmore to tuck away the loose ball.

Julian Watts’ side had could have taken all three points late on with Sellars twice denied by the Tevie keeper.

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic slipped to a first defeat in 10 league outings losing 3-1 at Clipstone Welfare. Lee Garside’s equaliser proved to be a consolation effort as the hosts scored twice inside the last two minutes.

It proved to be a tough baptism for Askern Villa’s new boss Paul Curtis as his new charges slipped 5-0 at promotion chasing Shirebrook Town.

Rossington Main had to settle for a 3-3 home draw against Pontefract Collieries despite leading three times.

Brandon Fallon raced through to give Main a 24th minute lead before the visitors hit back through Steve Tierney just before the hour.

In a frantic ending that saw four goals inside the last six minutes Richard Spears restored the home side’s lead only for Brenton Leister to level a minute later. Fallon knocked in a rebound to put Main 3-2 up on 87 minutes but Tierney nodded home in the final minute to earn Pontefract a point.

Ten-man Maltby Main beat Thackley 2-0 at Muglet Lane to make it just one defeat in the last eight. Dan Foulds was sent off for violent conduct after just 22 minutes. Nevertheless Craig Gladwin put the Miners in front direct from a free-kick nine minutes before the break with Brian Cusworth sealed the points at the second attempt on 90 minutes.

Staveley MW climbed up to fourth in the Premier Division after beating promotion rivals Barton Town OB 3-0 at Inkersall Road with first half goals from Nathan Forbes-Swindells, Jason Mycoe and Andy Fox.

Armthorpe Welfare came from behind to beat Liversedge 2-1 at home with two goals inside the last two minutes. James Rothel had given the visitors a 23rd minute lead but a Steven Garner penalty on 88 minutes and a Richard Smith close range effort two minutes later turned the game on its head.

Retford United came from behind to beat Long Eaton United 3-1 at Cannon Park with goals from Matthaius Gausmann, Adam Scott and Richard Medcalf.

Parkgate went out of the FA Vase, beaten 3-1 at Northern League Shildon despite Martyn Lee giving the Steelmen a 1-0 lead at the break.