16 points from six away games as Hallam march on

editorial image
Have your say

Hallam continued their impressive start to the campaign with a routine 4-0 at at bottom of the table Winterton Rangers. It saw Ryan Hindley’s side move up to third in Division One whilst taking their haul to 16-points from six away trips.

Scott Preece gave the Countrymen a 13th minute lead with his first goal of the season turning in a Max Pemberton cross at the far post. Preece was involved in the second putting the ball into the middle for Michael Blythen to hook a shot over the keeper just before the half hour mark.

Blythen might well have had a hat-trick in the first half twice getting in on goal only to be denied by good saves from the Rangers keeper Adam Stevens.

Blythen finally got on the scoresheet again on 67 minutes with a close range header at a corner that took the game away from the home side. Steve Brammer added the fourth in stoppage time from Daniel Flynn’s cross.

In-form Handsworth Parramore eased to a fourth league win on the spin and fifth in all competitions with an impressive 6-0 victory Thackley.

Kieran Wells gave the Ambers a fourth minute lead knocking a rebound after Sam Denton’s header had come back off the crossbar. Jon Froggatt quickly added a second slotting home from close range from a Colin Marrsion flick-on with Ben Starosta making it 3-0 from 18-yards with just 20 minutes on the clock.

It wasn’t until just after the hour that Handsworth added the fourth as Marrison nodded in a Danny Buttle cross at the far post. Froggatt scored his second and the visitors fifth from another Buttle cross before substitute Alex Rippon completed the scoring with eight minutes remaining from a Wells assist.

Worksop Town remain second in the Premier Division, two points behind leaders Tadcaster Albion with a game in hand following a 4-0 win over neighbours Maltby Main.

The victory was marred by a 54th minute flare up that led to Maltby’s Josh Nodder being sent off for a reckless challenge on the Tigers Tom Elliott, who left the pitch on a stretcher and which also saw Worksop boss Mark Shaw sent from the dugout for his reaction.

Worksop were leading 3-0 at the time. Steve Woolley gave the home side a 10th minute lead with Conor Higginson making it 2-0 on 25 minutes after going clear on goal with Kyle Jordan tucking home the third just before the interval after Jamie Hadfield had nodded down a free-kick Mitch Husbands curled in the fourth from 20-yards just past the hour as Worksop registered a fourth successive 4-0 victory.

Two first half strikes from Courtney Hastings saw Staveley MW come from a goal down to beat Nostell MW 2-1 at Inkersall Road after the visitors had taken a fifth minute lead.

Armthorpe Welfare claimed their first league win in six games in style beating Liversedge 5-1. Ben Muirhead gave the hosts an early lead then set up Kieran Benson to slot home the second on 25 minutes. Joe Lumsden turned in a low cross for 3-0 on the hour and although the visitors pulled one back, late goals from Stuart Preston and James Handley with a superb 25-yard effort sealed the win.

Retford United made it four without defeat beating Athersley Recreation 2-1. First half goals from Mark Waters and Mark West enough to secure the points despite Athersley pulling one back through Dane Hodgson nine minutes from time.

Parkgate slumped to a third straight league defeat as Pickering Town left Green Lane with the points from a 3-0 victory.

Harley Wilson rescued a point for Dronfield Town with a last minute equaliser in a 1- draw against Shirebrook Town after the visitor had taken a first half lead.

Penistone Church made it 13 points from the last 15 available by beating Lincoln Moorlands Railway 4-2 at home.

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic lost 4-1 at Yorkshire Amateurs; Rossington Main went down 2-0 at Teversal, while AFC Emley lost 4-3 at Westella VIP after trailing 2-0 then leading 3-2.