Lee goal takes Steels to FA Cup replay

jack muldoon, stocksbridge, scores against Armthorpe in the FA Cup. Free pic must use byline
jack muldoon, stocksbridge, scores against Armthorpe in the FA Cup. Free pic must use byline
Have your say

Stocksbridge Park Steels were taken to a replay in the FA Cup first qualifying round by Baris NCEL Premier side Armthorpe Welfare after it finished 1-1 at Church Street.

Steels took a 31st minute lead when Jack Muldoon just beat Jamie Green to a through ball to lift a shot over the Welfare keeper.

It looked like the tie was about to slip away Armthorpe when they conceded a 51st minute penalty. However Green made a brilliant save diving low to his left to deny Anthony Lloyd.

Welfare now had the visitors on the back foot and drew level on 65 minutes. Substitute Chris Davis played in Ben Muirhead down the right and his low cross gave Adam Lee and easy finish.

Reinstated Parkgate finally went out 3-1 at home to Evo-Stik Premier outfit Whitby Town.

Sam Hodgson and Dave Metieman made it 2-0 by half-time and although Chris Wood reducied the deficit Matt Dunford restored the two goal cushion.

Worksop Town went out 1-0 at managerless North Ferriby United as the pressure mounts on boss Martin McIntosh. The winner came three minutes into the second half when Greg Wright to drilled a low short under keeper Jon Worsnop. In a late rally Tigers sub Adam Muller wasted a good chance, while Danny Davidson had a goal-bound shot blocked.

Frickley Athletic survived a tricky tie at Garforth Town winning 2-0 with a goal in each half. David Cyrus bundled in the opener against the run of play from an Alex Callery 27th minute corner.

The hosts had defender Darren Kelly sent off for a second yellow card on 55 minutes after bringing down Leon Henry which led to the second goal as James Ashmore superbly curled in the resulting free-kick from 25-yards.

Matlock Town were made to work hard for their 2-0 home victory over Evo-Stik Division South Hucknall Town. Ben Algar’s excellent solo effort broke the deadlock, firing home from the edge of the box. The visitors hit the woodwork before Lee Holmes outpaced the Hucknall defence to hit the second.

Two goals either side of half-time ensured that Buxton avoided embarrassment at Baris NCEL Division side Louth Town. Martin Pemberton and Kieran Lugsden scored.

Sheffield FC consolidated their place at the top of Division One South with a third win on the spin, beating Rainworth MW 2-0 with goals from Steve Woolley after 16 minutes and a Conor Higginson header the second on 33 minutes. The home side’s Danny Bacon rattled the bar.

TUESDAY - FA Cup First Qual rnd replay: Stocksbridge v Armthorpe.