Ryan Taylor in action for Millers
Ryan Taylor in action for Millers
Have your say

rotherham United returned to winning ways with a 1-0 home success over bottom club Hereford, managed by former Doncaster Rovers No 2 Richard O’Kelly.There was almost a dream return for Ryan Cresswell when his strength at attacking set-pieces was demonstrated: firstly with a header from a Pringle corner which was deflected wide.

Another two corners followed and from the second of them, Cresswell powered in and sent a header inches wide.

It was all Rotherham and when Chambers headed away well from Evans, Pringle closed in but miscued his shot from 15 yards.

Pringle got another opportunity from 20 yards and Cornell went full length to push the shot away.

An error by Mullins let in Peniket and from the centre Cresswell made a timely intervention ahead of Facey inside the six yard area.

Grabban put in a lovely centre but Revell headed the chance over the top.

A Millers corner followed, then another and Schofield’s ball in flashed to the far post where the stretching Mullins put it wide.

Hereford had a glimpse of goal when Peniket headed over from a free kick by Lunt.

A brilliant link up between Pringle and Grabban ended with Pringle’s 18 yarder being bravely blocked by Townsend.

Taylor fired over the top before Evans did the same from similar range around the edge of the area.

Just when it seemed all Rotherham’s efforts would be in vain, they went in front on 43 minutes and it was simplicity itself.

Wood, from deep, delivered a centre into the area and, taking advantage of some defensive hesitation, GRABBAN stole in to guide a header over the keeper who had mistimed his advance.



Hereford............... 0

Facey stayed off and was replaced by Evans.

A Hereford corner caused anxiety and there was a spot of pin ball before Barkhuizen blazed over.

Colbeck fired one over from 25 yards as Rotherham had started the second half sluggishly.

When Rotherham lost possession, the visitors broke quickly and Bradley made an important intervention when Featherstone tried to send Peniket clear.

A good ball from Pringle found Grabban on the left. His low centre was half cleared but Schofield’s shot was blocked.

There was a better moment when Revell surged on to a long ball and tried his luck from outside the area and the ball flashed past the near angle.

Then Evans pounced on a loose ball and his angled shot was deflected wide of the far post.

Hereford were very much in the game now but the Millers were managing to keep them at arm’s length.

With 12 minutes left Cadogan replaced Evans.

Cadogan broke away and there was real threat and although he had Pringle in support, he went alone and was crowded out.

Hereford put on big striker Elder as they sought an equaliser but Rotherham, with Cresswell and Mullins solid, had denied them a clear sight of goal throughout.

Taylor finally had a shot to save when he clung on to a 25 yarder from Evans.

In stoppage time Chambers got in front of Grabban to head back to his keeper and the ball dropped on to the bar before Cornell grabbed it.