Louis Tomlinson and John Ryan are now the proud owners of around 85 per cent of Doncaster Rovers after confirming their takeover.
The pair announced their takeover at a secret London location yesterday.
- Ryan and Tomlinson will be 50-50 partners and co-chairmen
- The shares of Dick Watson, Terry Bramall, David Blunt, Andrew Watson and Sarah Kell have been bought by the pair, giving them approximately 85 per cent of the club
- Loan owed to Watson and Bramall have been cleared
- Ryan says he believes only Sheffield United will have a higher wage budget in League One next season.
- Ryan confirmed no other parties are involved in the takeover at this stage
- There will be no changes to Doncaster RLFC which is owned by Doncaster Rovers. Ryan pledged to ‘support the club in any way he can.’
- The Tomlinson Ryan Trust is launched, a crowdfunding project designed to raise £2million from public donations to raise funds for Rovers
- Tomlinson wants to create a buzz around Rovers
- Ryan says Rovers can become a powerful brand with Tomlinson’s involvement
More to follow