Match report: Doncaster Rovers 0 MK Dons 0

Doncaster Rovers' James Husband in action against MK Dons.
Doncaster Rovers' James Husband in action against MK Dons.
Have your say

DONCASTER Rovers and MK Dons played out a dour goalless draw tonight at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Both teams began the match as their recent run may suggest - scrappy. And it took until the 22 minute for Rovers to have their first shot of the match.

Andy Griffin drilling wide from 20 yards.

With the bobbly pitch not helping either team with their passing possession was frequently squandered.

However the pitch couldn’t be blamed for Jamie McCombe’s air kick that allowed Izale McLeod to race away. Gary Woods came to the rescue for Rovers.

Two chances before half time nearly provided the game with a much needed goal.

But Jon Otsemobor for MK and Billy Paynter for Rovers both missed the target.

With James Harper replacing the injured Griffin at half time Rovers began to have one of their best spells.

James Coppinger was becoming more of a threat and Paynter was receiving more of the ball.

Brian Flynn tried to liven proceedings up by bringing Emile Sinclair on for Billy Paynter after 69 minutes.

But it was MK who went closest when a header from close range by Gary MacKenzie went wide and then a shot by Dean Bowditch from outside the box flew over the target.

Rovers remain the top two while the point for the Dons arrests their slide of losing their three League One fixtures in a row but doesn’t do much for their promotion hopes.

Bournemouth are the new leaders as their win at Crewe sees them leapfrog Rovers and Tranmere.

Rovers: 4-4-1-1: Gary Woods, Paul Quinn, Jamie McCombe, Rob Jones, Tommy Spurr, David Cotterill, Andy Griffin, Martin Woods, James Husband, James Coppinger, Billy Paynter.

Subs: Jon Maxted, Shelton Martis, Liam Wakefield, James Harper, Lee Fowler, Kyle Bennett, Emile Sinclair.

MK Dons: 4-5-1: David Martin, Jon Otsemobor, Shaun Williams, Gary MacKenzie, Dean Lewington, Daniel Powell, Darren Potter, Luke Chadwick, Ryan Harley, Dean Bowditch, Izale McLeod.

Subs: Mathias Kouo-Doumbe, Alan Smith, Adam Chicksen, Tom Flanagan, George Baldock, Chris Lines.

Referee: David Webb (Lancashire)