Chief executive Gavin Baldwin believes the Rovers squad has already been strengthened by business done the summer.
Concerns continue to mount with only 13 senior players on Rovers’ books and just nine days to go until the start of the season.
But Baldwin remains unfazed and says the ins and outs since the end of the last campaign have already put Rovers in a stronger position.
Baldwin also believes Rovers’ squad has already been strengthened by business done this summer.
He said: “At the end of the season we released five players – three of which had only been professional for a year and had made less than five starts between them.
“The others were Martin Woods, who had been plighted by injury during his last few years at the club and Gary Woods.
“Since then we have signed three new players in Dean Furman, Mark Duffy and Fernandez, all of which are established professionals.
“Out of our retained list only Neil Sullivan has opted not to stay with the club while Chris Brown and Kyle Bennett have already renewed. We continue our discussions with the remaining players.”
Concerns have arisen following lengthy delays on new contracts for six out of contract players plus confirmation of deals with new signings.
These were only heightened when long-term target Jean-Yves Mvoto signed for Barnsley on Tuesday.
Mvoto had agreed in principle a two year deal after training with Rovers only for the Reds to step in before anything was signed.
An agreement with Brentford over compensation for Harry Forrester – who continues to train with Rovers – has yet to be agreed, ensuring there remains a possibility of the move being scuppered.
And Rovers could be vulnerable to interest in full back Tommy Spurr who is among those six yet to pen new deals.
Spurr has been linked with several clubs during the summer
It is understood that on-going talks with an Irish-based consortium are the reason why signings have been placed on hold.
Boss Paul Dickov has a list of targets but is waiting for the go-ahead from the club’s major shareholders.