Doncaster Rovers have gone down a particularly public route in their hunt for a new first team manager.
Rovers are looking for a new boss after sacking Paul Dickov last week and have taken the rather bold step of advertising the vacancy on their official website.
The club have aimed to be open with supporters about the process of hunting for Dickov's successor, mapping out the projected timeline of their recruitment process.
But this is the first time they have made public what the board are looking for in a new manager.
The list of required attributes the club are seeking are:
- a working knowledge of the SkyBet Football League or its equivalent
- success in managing a playing budget
- excellent contacts within the football community
- proven track record of developing a youth structure and pathway
- a commitment to the local community
- a proven leader with a proven track record
- a pleasing and willing personality
Rovers have set a deadline of 5pm next Friday for applications.
And the email inbox of club secretary Mary Lally is likely to be bombarded with applications both serious and silly after her address was given as a the point of contact.