Chris Brown for Rovers
Chris Brown for Rovers
Have your say

doncaster Rovers continued to nudge towards the play-off places as they hit back from a goal down at half-time to beat the high-flying Bees.

Cotterill won Rovers a ninth minute corner from which Spurr’s header - which looked to be going just wide - was collected by Brentford keeper Moore.

Martis used his experience to snuff out the danger from Brentford skipper Douglas, playing in the hole behind Donaldson.

Forrester hit the bar with a cracking 25-yarder on 18 minutes.

Play quickly switched to the other end where Bennett, after creating space for himself, shot high from about ten yards.

Rovers had looked out of sorts and nearly all of the quality football had come from Brentford.

There was a real let off for Rovers when Donaldson intercepted a poor backpass by Martis meant for Woods, only to shoot wide with the goal at his mercy.

Moore saved well at the expense of a corner from Cotterill’s 40th minute 25-yard free-kick.

Martis cleared the danger from a low ball into the box following a strong run by Diagouraga following what looked like a foul on Bennett.

The Bees took a deserved lead on the stroke of half-time when DOUGLAS got on the end of a ball into the box by Forshaw and finished in style, lobbing Woods to make it 1-0.


Rovers............... 0


The visitors were the first to threaten after the break - Donaldson getting the better of Quinn down the right.

Martis did well to cut out the lively Forrester’s cross meant for Donaldson.

Forshaw then shot just wide with a 25 yarder on 52 minutes.

Skipper Jones, who scored the late equaliser at Hartlepool last week, headed over from Hume’s cross from a similar postion two minutes later.

The injury-plagued Martis limped off on 56 minutes to be replaced by Syers.

The midfielder took over at left-back with Tommy Spurr moving inside to partner Jones.

Rovers made a second change on 63 minutes with Paynter replacing Brown.

Brentford continued to look dangerous on the break and Adeyemi shot wide with a decent half-chance from the edge of the area.

Rovers moved Syers into midfield and dropped Harper to left-back.

COTTERILL put Rovers back on level terms with a superb angled 25-yarder on 75 minutes. Jones had his wrists bandaged during the post-goal celebrations.

The Bees made a magnificent blocking tackle on PAYNTER just as he was about to pull the trigger after latching onto Cotterill’s clever chip over the Brentford defence.

But he was not to be denied however, and he headed Rovers in front on 85 minutes from Spurr’s cross.