Dinnington stay on the up with fine 4-2 victory at Emley

Have your say

Improving Dinnington Town stretched their unbeaten away league run to three games with a 4-2 victory at high-riding AFC Emley.

Liam Cartledge headed Town into a 36th minute lead only for Emley to level two minutes later through Sylbert Stewart on the break. On the stroke of half time Daniel Hoyland slotted home to put Dinnington in front and it got even better two minutes into the second half when Thomas Elliott chipped the keeper to make it 3-1. Emley reduced the areas after the ball went in off the unfortunate Cartledge but Dinnington sealed hit the fourth in the final minute when Jermaine Colphon pounced on a rebound.

Hallam slipped 3-2 at Rossington Main. Patrick Mullen put the home side in front with a shot from the edge of the box. The Countrymen levelled on 47 minutes through a Scott Ruthven penalty.

The home side were reduced to ten men when scorer Mullen was shown a red card but they edged back in front as Dean Thornton slotted home a loose ball with Jordan Hattan stretching the lead further with a far post lob. Ruthven rifled home to reduce the arrears seven minutes later. Hallam pushed forward but were thwarted by a string of fine saves from keeper Zack Levers.

Dronfield Town stretched their unbeaten run to five games with a 2-1 home over Hall Road Rangers with goals from Nick Horsfield and Daniel Wood.

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic extended their unbeaten away record to seven beating Grimsby Borough 2-1 through two first half Scott Turner goals, one a penalty.

Danny Barlow rescued a point for Division One leaders Shaw Lane Aquaforce with an equaliser four minutes time in a 1-1 draw against promotion rivals Bottesford to cancel out the visitors 17th minute opener.

Maltby Main continued their fine form with a 5-1 win at Winterton Rangers through Brian Cusworth 2, George Conway 2, and an own-goal.

In the FA Vase Parkgate progressed into the second round 5-4 at Bootle with goals from Greg Mason, Simon Mirfin, Scott Preece and a Matt Plant brace.

Second half goals from Matty Thorpe and Pat Lindley saw Staveley MW beat West Didsbury & Chorlton 2-0.

Worksop Parramore came from behind to beat Runcorn Linnets 3-1 through Lee Whittington 2 (1 penalty) and Ryan Johnson.

Athersley Recreation came from goal down to win 3-2 at Chadderton, while Armthorpe Welfare twice came from behind to win 4-3 at Liversedge with a stoppage time winner from Jay Rollins. Added to efforts from Darren Mansaram, Gary Mundy and David Buck. Retford United went out 1-0 at home against Oadby Town.