Chesterfield 1-1 Dagenham and Redbridge FT

Ritchie Humphreys puts the pressure on against Dagenham at the Proact Stadium. Pic by Tina Jenner
Ritchie Humphreys puts the pressure on against Dagenham at the Proact Stadium. Pic by Tina Jenner
Have your say

Chesterfield had to settle for a home drawn after having a man sent off against Dagenham and Redbridge.

The Spireites are undefeated in their last three in the league and went in to the game high in confidence against a Dagenham side who have lost their last three.

All the pressure at the Proact in the early stages came from the home side.

Armand Gnanduillet turned well before shooting and forcing a save from Chris Lewington.

Tendayi Darikwa also had an effort saved by Lewington.

Then there was a let off as Ian Evatt impeded Zavon Hines in the Chesterfield area and the referee awarded a spot kick, which Hines miscued.

However, Chesterfield then had Sam Hird sent off.

The Doncaster-born defender tripped Rhys Murphy and was immediately shown the red card, on 36 minutes.

Paul Cook then took Darikwa off and brought on Liam Cooper.

With Luke Howell missing a sitter, Cook could count himself fortunate to be level at half time.

Four minutes into the second half Brian Saah handled the ball in the area to give away a penalty duly converted by Marc Richards, low to the ‘keepers left.

Nine minutes later though, the score was 1-1.

Abu Agogo, a product of the Arsenal Academy, curled a corking shot past Lee from the edge of the Chesterfield area.

With three minutes left, 87’ Rhys Murphy shot past Lee, but the ball hit the post and bounced into Lee’s grateful hands.

Two points lost for Chesterfield...but not a bad result given the sending off.

Chesterfield: Lee; Talbot, Evatt (c), Hird, Humphreys; Darikwa, Banks, Togwell, Doyle; Richards, Gnanduillet

Subs: Mason; Devitt, Cooper, Smith, McSheffrey, McFadzean, O’Shea

Dagenham: Lewington; Hoyte, Doe, Saah, Ogogo, Murphy, D’Ath, Sheilds, Howell, Connors, Hines

Subs: Wilkinson, Ilesanmi, Elito, Scott, Edgar, Dickson, Seabright

Referee: Richard Clark (Northumberland.)

Attendance: 5,906.