Blades Super Draw

Have your say

It didn’t go so well for Handsworth Turf in the CBC Premier when they let a two-goal lead slip before losing to their closest rivals Handsworth Old Boys.

And it was one of their former players, ‘Tangy’ Nshidano, who did the most damage.

Perry Jackson set up Carl Eaton to give Turf the lead and when Ryan Taff was brought down by the Old Boys keeper Jackson stepped up to send him the wrong way from the penalty spot to make it 2-0 after just 10 minutes.

The Old Boys comeback started with Paul Turner hammering home a free kick, Nshindano levelled by half-time and he hit the winner midway through the second half.

The day’s biggest shock came at Stannington Village where two Matt Ellis strikes helped The Vine end Village’s two year unbeaten home record.

Although Stannington hit the woodwork three times in the first half it stayed goalless. After the break The Vine took the lead when Ellis headed home a Liam Allot cross, but it was cancelled out when Dean Jepson headed Lee Johnstone’s cross home. With new keeper Brandon Greaves in good form, The Vine continued to defy the champions and ended that record when Jon Warburton and Will Blakeney combined to set Ellis up for his second and the winner.

Stocksbridge Park Steels had Jack Outhwaite and Scott Birch doubles in a 4-0 victory over Civil Service that kept them at the top and maintained their record of not dropping a point or conceding a goal this season.

Steels keeper Stephen Marshall made a great save from Luke Parwana to stop Service from taking the lead and Steels took advantage when Oughthwaite raced onto Adam Todd’s through ball to open the scoring. A John Beggs through ball carved the Service defence open for Birch to double Steels’ lead before half -time and Birch made it three after the break after more good work from Todd before Oughthwaite completed the scoring by heading home Richard Gill’s cross.

Bulls Head are right behind them as they also kept their perfect record when Alan Mowforth scored a second half hat-trick to win a seven- goal thriller against The Park.

Sam Newton conceded a penalty for Callum Harrison to give The Park an early lead and although Matt Evans burst through The Park defence to level, the visitors went back in front with a Ryan Campbell strike.

Josh Ransom then crossed for Calvin Thomas to double The Park’s lead by half-time, but soon after he had been introduced at the interval, Mowforth pulled one back with a quickly-taken free kick. Mowforth then volleyed an equaliser and in the final minute completed his hat-trick after Nick Ash had beat his marker to set him up.

Level on points with the top two are Woodhouse Angel after a 2-1 victory over Redmires. Kirk Briddon’s diagonal cross was volleyed home by Matt Parkes to give Angel the lead and Jon Wall levelled from the penalty spot after Anthony Dolan had brought down Dave Ward, but Angel were awarded a penalty and Gareth Simons scored.

Both Hemsworth Villa and visitors Ecclesfield Players Lounge started the day without a point and it looked like Villa would be celebrating after John Howsham marked his debut with a goal when put through by Pete Burgin.

Ecclesfield made changes at half-time and after Craig Senior had levelled, Tom Barthelomew won it for them when he latched onto Joe Knights’ pass to score.